Found this french chest of drawers in a resale shop.
I was intentionally going to use only the
hardware. I just couldn't. So, I updated it.
Here is the before below.
Needed some drawer repair.
We did that and now it's in fully working order.
I sanded most of it down
and cleaned it up.
I painted it in some new chalk paint
I wanted to try out.
It's Magnolia by Joanna Gaines
in the color silos district.
My verdict on the paint, it's like any other
chalk paint out there. Only problem is
they mix it before you order it. So, it took about a week
in a half to get it. Mind you I live in Humble, TX.
That's 20 mins outside Houston, TX.
It adheres well and distresses good.
I did do 4 coats though. First coat coverage
was good, but I wanted a more even
I added some gray and white stripped
paper to the back. This piece did have a missing drawer.
Then we added some wood pieces to the sides
and bottom to make a shelf.
I stained and sealed those.
Distressed some areas on edges. Not too over the top though.
Hardware I cleaned up and kept the white in
the creases of the handles to go with
some of the white from distressing.
To make give it a little more, I added the striped
paper to the inside drawers.
Sealed everything in a flat finish.
It's all smooth and durable.
Would look amazing in a childs/tweens room.
Available, message if interested.