Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Shabby chic pink & teal furniture...


A client came to us 3 years ago with some furniture
she didn't want and gave it to us.  
She contacted us in June and wanted us 
to custom paint some pieces for her grand daughters 
room.  I discounted her on the custom 
painting from the furniture she gave us all those years ago.


Above is a old armoire with shelves in it 
and a drawer on bottom. 
This needed repair so we did that.


 She wanted me to design 
all the pieces with my own color scheme.
Being that her grand daughter loved pink,
I went with colors that are bright and fun.


I did a custom pink from annie sloan chalk paint
and a custom teal from the same line of chalk paint.



Painted the hardware 2 different shade of gold.



Distressed all the edges to show some teal.






I went with a shabby chic aged pink and teal look.



Next, was the bookshelf.  


This needed repair also.  Which we did.


I stained the whole shelf and sealed it.


Painted the hardware 2 shade of gold.



Painted it the same custom colors from the armoire.

















Last, was this iron gate door she had.
She wanted us to make it into a twin 
headboard,  We cut off the hinges on the side.



I sealed it and custom painted it the teal
from above.  Then added some gold to the edge tips


We have quite a few of those banister posts, so 
we added some to the ends.



All finished and looking adorable!

No comments:

Post a Comment