Friday, September 18, 2015

Bedroom set painted white, yellow, then some gray......

 Two of my past clients Marissa and Ashley referred me to their sister Meagan.  We furnished/custom painted a french dresser coral for Marissa last year and furnished/custom painted a french dresser white for Ashley a few weeks ago.
I really love when my clients appreciate our work.
So, Meagan brought us a rocking chair, nightstand, chest, and headboard set.  Her grandmother gave these pieces to her and she wanted me to paint them all.
For this rocking chair on the left, this is the before.  It will be going in her daughters room.  She wanted us to tear off the skirt and paint the whole chair white no distress.
Before sanded it down, as shown on the right, we make sure it all was sturdy and glued all loose parts.  Then I primed it all white.
 Next, I painted it all white.



 She wanted me to paint under the chair all, springs and all.  Just to give it more of an industrial look.  I love it!



 Here is the chest.  She wanted this all gray with hardware left original.  This will be going in another room.
 So, we sanded it all down and I primed it all.
 Last, I painted it all gray.  She wanted a flat look with no distress.












 This is the nightstand, she wanted it an all flat white also.
Just like the rocking chair.  She also wanted us to seal in the holes so she can add knobs.  This will be going in her daughter's room with the rocking chair.
             
We sanded it all down and sealed up the hole.  Then made new ones for the knobs.  Primed it all white.

 Then, I painted it all white.  We always use Benjamin Moore latex paints.  They are fantastic and very durable.





 The last is the headboard set.  This will also be going in her daughter's room along with the rocking chair and nightstand.
She wanted this bed set in a yellow.  

We sanded it all down and repaired some loose parts.  Then I primed it all white.

 Last, I painted it all yellow.



















They all came out so beautiful!
She was so happy :)




No comments:

Post a Comment