Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Large Cream Distressed French Buffet....


I found this beautiful very wide and old french
provincial buffet last year.  It's 94.5" wide.  I had it up as custom
painted only.  New customer put an order in for it
last October or November.  We are booked for months.
She waited patiently.  Here it is before below.


She wanted my chalk painted cream distressed 
finish with a stained dark top.
It was painted in a dark reddish brown color.


So we stripped everything down.  I wanted that natural
wood to show up not the painted look it had.




Stained the top in general finishes espresso.


Sealed in a semi gloss.


Body painted in cream.


Distressed the edges.


I had this beautiful hardware and added that to the 
middle drawers.





Painted the inside also.




Had red felt in the first drawer so we removed that.
Boy was that fun!





Here it is all completed looking gorgeous!
She is very happy with the outcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment