Friday, September 5, 2014

French Nightstands Custom Painted Butter Cream....


This was furnished and custom painted for our repeat customer.  She wanted some 
nightstands that where french.  She seen I had some back in February of 
this year and painted them for someone, loved them and wanted some.
 So as I tell all who ask about if I have any pieces they are looking for,
I let them know that I will put them on a waiting list and
if I get any in I will contact that list 1st before I list them
out to the public :)
That's what she did.  
So she wanted them stained on top to match a dresser she bought from me that 
I painted last year.  Painted a Butter Cream.
Then distressed only on edges and handles black.

This was before....a thick latex over factory paint...


we stripped....





then I primed and painted away....distressed...



she wanted a butter cream color....


stained the top 2 different colors.....


then added black wax....


to darken them...and protect them...
this is a thick wax that hardens FAST...


painted the handles black...











Finished!  Oh my gosh, they look awesome!
LOVE them!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment