Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Beautiful French Dresser...


I've had this beautiful french dresser in my inventory
(along with a whole lot more dressers).  Since I've decided to move 
my customer orders to summer only...I'm 
starting to get to the inventory I've had.
Finally going to start putting out pieces in my own design
for sale.
This particular one is made by Drexel in the Riviera 
style.  Here is the before below.





Had to fix 3 drawers because they where hard to open 
and close.  I always always make sure my pieces
go out in excellent working condition.


I didn't like that wave pattern on it at all.



So, I removed it.


It was nailed and glued on but came off somewhat
easy..ha ha!


Filled in the major scratches, not all because I wanted this 
to be a farmhouse shabby chic look.  I mean it's old
and vintage so might as well show it huh?



I had to prime it because it's cherry wood so bleed through!
Then I painted it in Joanna Gaines Magnolia
chalk paint color Shiplap.
It's a weathered white.


I don't make my chalk paint I just buy it.  I don't really
care how expensive it is, if the quality is good I'm good.
I find making it leaves a rough grainy finish.
I love smooth finishes.



Distressed edges and left hardware in original condition.


I price my pieces I paint by my experience I have
and my work which is really
good.  Plus the time I put into some of these, repairs, design,
materials, (paint is expensive), plus the age and style of the 
piece.





Details are amazing!


Looks so much better without those wave patterns.








Priced at $ 575
66"w/22.5"d/35"h
Cash or Zelle only.
Delivery to 1st floor only for an 
additional fee of $40.


No comments:

Post a Comment