Monday, May 11, 2020

Vintage Mid Century Modern in Navy....


I was planning on restoring this vintage BASSETT 
mid century modern dresser.  It needed some work.  
I'm not one of those sellers that just cleans up 
a piece and leaves chipped veneer 
then lists it at a high prices.
I would feel so guilty for doing that.  
It's getting absolutely ridiculous on some prices we see on 
some damaged pieces.
We repair them, which we have learned from our years of doing this.
We work hard and this is why my work is higher than most.
Look at the picture below and above as these are the before.


Chipped veneer.  We repair those, along with everything
else we see that needs attention.  Yes, it takes time.
Yes, it's not an easy flip.  Most vintage pieces are not I've learned
through my 10 years of doing this.


So, after we repair we strip it or sand it.
Stripped below though because I was planning on 
restoring with stain.


Repaired veneer.  We finished at the end of the day and I was about
to get to the staining the next morning.
But, a customer contacted me that night and 
wanted to know if I had any mcm 6 drawer dressers.
I told her about this one I was working on.  
Although, she wanted it painted navy. 
I primed it the next day.


Then I painted it in latex Benjamin Moore old navy for her.


Sealed in a semi gloss sprayed sealer.



I suggested staining the legs in a dark walnut.
She loved that idea.





I'm so proud of our finishes.  It isn't easy, it takes a lot of work.
I am up for the challenge every time.  I want to be proud of what we put out.



Looks amazing...









It will be heading to it's new home in a few days!

Before/After!


No comments:

Post a Comment