Saturday, September 20, 2014

French Provincial Nightstands Set......

Well this french nightstand set is solid wood
 threw out, even the legs.  Solid and sturdy.  
I sanded it all down primed the body and drawers
then painted them a butter cream color.
The top I painted white then sanded
down and left it with a weathered 
beach look.




The top was a problem for me.
It has a bleached spot on one of the tops,
so it can't be stained as the stain will not 
stain that part....


I was going to prime it then paint the top the
same as the shell, or a black top, but 
I loved how it looked just like this.....


so I decided to leave it like that with
the weathered beach look to the top....




I like how the white stayed in some of the grain....


I distressed the edges, very lightly....





polished the handles to show some patina in the
cracks....



Here they are finished....
They gave me a hard time with the top, but 
I like how it ended up.
Although, as these are up for sale at the moment,
if someone would like me to paint the top I will for 
$50 extra with a deposit.
Thank you,
Candy

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Antique Desk/Vanity Painted Black With Glitter Drawers.....

This was furnished and custom painted for one of our customers.
She wanted it black with glitter drawers,
black handles, and pink above the drawers.
So we repaired the veneer, sanded it all down, and
I primed it all.




Then I painted the shell all black....


painted the handles black...



Painted the pink where she wanted it....


Painted the drawers with a silver glitter....



Here it is all done!
I love it so much!

Friday, September 5, 2014

French Nightstands Custom Painted Butter Cream....


This was furnished and custom painted for our repeat customer.  She wanted some 
nightstands that where french.  She seen I had some back in February of 
this year and painted them for someone, loved them and wanted some.
 So as I tell all who ask about if I have any pieces they are looking for,
I let them know that I will put them on a waiting list and
if I get any in I will contact that list 1st before I list them
out to the public :)
That's what she did.  
So she wanted them stained on top to match a dresser she bought from me that 
I painted last year.  Painted a Butter Cream.
Then distressed only on edges and handles black.

This was before....a thick latex over factory paint...


we stripped....





then I primed and painted away....distressed...



she wanted a butter cream color....


stained the top 2 different colors.....


then added black wax....


to darken them...and protect them...
this is a thick wax that hardens FAST...


painted the handles black...











Finished!  Oh my gosh, they look awesome!
LOVE them!!!!

Saturday, August 30, 2014

Antique Highboy Chest Painted White with Black......

I had this for along time now and finally had some time to paint it.
  I painted worked on this while waiting for another piece 
that was a custom order to finish being
prepped for me to paint it.

This is the before...


this is the sanded down and repaired part...


I peeled off the veneer on the bottom instead of repairing it,
glued the rest down so it wouldn't
continue to peel...
I wanted this to look like a old piece...
then repaired the top part because it's the top!
That needs to look good!


Then I painted it black,  then primed it white, and
then painted it white....


distressed the edges so the black could come threw...


painted the handles black...








Here it is finished!  Looks really pretty I think :)


Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Danity Navy Blue French Provincial Dresser with Custom Changing Topper.....

Well, to start off this was a tough one!  I had a customer pick this
piece from my inventory and ask
me to paint it a certain color for her.
So I told her to pick one from benjamin moore
as that is the only paint I like to use.
So she chose blueberry hill which is 
a danity not to dark navy blue color.

She also asked us to make her a changing topper,
as she seen one I had done before for another
customer.


Here is the before above....


we stripped it....


had white paint over factory paint...



built the changing topper to her size she wanted......


stripped the mirror....


then I stained it all....


she wanted it distressed on the edges only....


it was a white blonde wood, that's why I stained it
so when I did distressed it wouldn't look as white....



stained the changing topper also....


then painted it her color she wanted....


she wanted the handles to look old,
so we stripped them....


they turned out awesome!


distressed on edges....


I didn't prime this because of her color she chose,
if I did you would see the primer when I distressed....


since I stripped it though that paint is not 
going anywhere!


here it is without the changing topper...



here it is with the changing topper....



And here it is with all of it, 
dresser, mirror, and changing topper!

I LOVE IT!!!!!