Monday, June 19, 2017

Buffet & China Cabinet in Dark Navy.....


New client contacted me thru my blog and wanted me
to custom paint her antique buffet & china cabinet (hutch).
She viewed my blog for a bit and picked the custom navy
blue with antiquing I've done with Annie Sloan.
I custom mixed the color (sometimes I don't quite remember the 
exact measurements so I have play with it).
Before picture of the buffet below. 


After I custom painted it and antiqued it (no distressing)
pictures below.





Smooth thin finish. 


I kept the hardware original.  She left that up to me.


She just wanted me to do what I do basically.
Said she loved my work and trusted my artistry.


She wanted the inside painted.











I just love this look!
Next, was the hutch.
Before pictures below.


Same color and finish as the buffet above.







She wanted everything painted, so we took
 apart everything.





Painted the inside top and bottom parts.





My smooth thin finish.



It takes a whole lot of time, paint, and work 
to get these looks I do.  I mean lots of work.
The detailing, numerous coats of paint I do 
but in the end, I always always always love the outcome.
Plus, the bonus is the clients reaction when they see it 💝

No comments:

Post a Comment