Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Antique Dresser Chest Painted Grey & White....

I had this for sale as one of my unfinished pieces and I decided to paint it with my own choice of colors.....it is solid wood throughout.  Very heavy and solid.  The finish on it was so thick.  It took John 2 days to strip it to the bare wood. Must have been 5 layers of lacquer finish on it.  We actually got it like this already, the person looks like they tried to sand it but it was to much.  So we finished it :)  




Primed the drawers with 3 coats of primer and painted 5 coats of off white paint to the drawers.....


polished off the crud from the handles and painted them Gold.....


Even has dividers in the 3rd drawer!


Painted the shell 5 coats of Grey paint....distressed it very little on the edges....


I know I always say this....but I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment