Saturday, August 29, 2015

Duncan Phyfe Dresser Painted and Glazed.....

I received an email from who was to be one
of our new clients and another wonderful person 
I've had the pleasure of meeting.  
She was here visiting here in Houston for a 
couple of days, she traveled from Tennessee where she resides.  
She really liked this dresser I had and my work. 
So we talked on the phone and relayed messages
back and forth like I do with all my clients.
She had sent me a picture of  a similar dresser she liked the color
it was painted.  So I tried to match it the closest I could.
She settled on General Finishes Milk Paint color Basil.
Then wanted the Van Dyke Glaze over that.
So here is the before.....


Now, general finishes says to lightly sand,but I like to strip
them down which we did.....repaired
all the missing veneer....
then I primed it all....


painted it all basil.....


she wanted the hardware kept original, which 
was a fantastic choice as it really adds to the aged feel....



added the glaze....










All finished!  I love the color and glaze together on this
Duncan Phyfe Dresser it makes it looks really old :)
Beautiful! 


No comments:

Post a Comment