Saturday, August 30, 2014

Antique Highboy Chest Painted White with Black......

I had this for along time now and finally had some time to paint it.
  I painted worked on this while waiting for another piece 
that was a custom order to finish being
prepped for me to paint it.

This is the before...


this is the sanded down and repaired part...


I peeled off the veneer on the bottom instead of repairing it,
glued the rest down so it wouldn't
continue to peel...
I wanted this to look like a old piece...
then repaired the top part because it's the top!
That needs to look good!


Then I painted it black,  then primed it white, and
then painted it white....


distressed the edges so the black could come threw...


painted the handles black...








Here it is finished!  Looks really pretty I think :)


No comments:

Post a Comment