Monday, October 2, 2017

French Gray Dresser...New Look From Before...


We found and purchased this dresser in really bad condition.
Here is the before below.  Hardware was missing.
A new follower contacted me and wanted to know
what I would be putting out next.
I showed her this one.  Let's just say it was sold before I could list.


We stripped it down.


Repaired a lot of  loose veneer.



Sealed in the old hardware holes.  I had this same style dresser before 
in my inventory years ago and we had custom painted it for a client.
So I knew what hardware to search for  had no luck.


Sealed in most of the splits in the wood and reinforced them. 


Refinished the top in General Finishes wood stain Espresso
Sealed it with high performance top coat. 


Painted the body in Chelsea Gray by Benjamin Moore.



Distressed edges,



Added the new hardware.




Hobby lobby is my go to for hardware when
I can't find the original anywhere else.







Smooth no brush stroke flat thin finish. 




She loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment