Monday, February 10, 2020

Black Cabinet....


I found this claw foot antique cabinet 
years ago.  Never had time to get to it.
But, now that I’ve took this year off
of customer orders.. I’m finally 
getting to my pieces that I have been 
wanting to get too.
It was missing one board on the side.


Both shelves where gone inside also.


I added new knobs to the top small drawer.


I made some slat shelves and I wanted them
to be very knotty.  So I tried to pick the worst
ones at the hardware store.
Stained the slats in a dark stain.  The sealed those in
general finishes flat high performance.


Painted the outside of the cabinets in 
a black with distressed edges.


Added some antiquing to it with dark wax.


Also added new handles to the cabinet doors.


Then  added chicken wire and painted that black too.







Oh and added some magnetic closures.






This would be perfect for a coffee bar.
Or just for books in the living room.



✨SOLD✨
@pieceofcandyfurniture on Instagram 



No comments:

Post a Comment