Friday, June 25, 2021

Italian Provincial Dresser Updated in China White....


I got this vintage Italian provincial at a garage sale.
I was on my way to the HEB on a Sunday at 1pm and couldn't
believe it was still there.  
Before below.  It was really beat up.  Like they used this a lot.
Looked like it was passed down from grandmother, to mother, to daughter,
and then granddaughter.
Missing veneer, loose top, missing drawer glides, missing 
trip on legs, and the finish was worn.


We repaired the missing veneer, the top that loose, sealed in the older 
hardware holes, took off the rest of the trim on the legs
that was still intact, removed the plastic fronts on the top 
two drawers, and last stripped down.


I added new modern polished gold handles.


Painted in Benjamin Moore China White which 
is a beautiful off white.
Clean finish too.



Sealed in a satin sealer.






Oh my!!

Before/After.








 

No comments:

Post a Comment