Saturday, February 28, 2015

Chalk Painted Queen Anne End Tables Set.......


This was a end table or nightstands set I had for awhile. 
It had a piece of wood chipped off as shown in picture.  
We repaired it and put it up for sale as is....
but I pulled it off and painted it.
Here they are before.  UGLY!
Do not like those 4 set handles either.


It is dovetailed drawers and solid wood at that :)


Made by Lane...



I decided to paint it with some Annie Sloan Chalk Paint...
I used Old Ochre.
I get some customers who ask if
 I do chalk paint. So I did this one to show my work in chalk paint.


I primed all of it except the tops...



Then I hand painted it all....
distressed the parts that would naturally age threw time..
darkened the creases on legs and drawers to give a aged look...


Stained the tops and added polycrylic to protect it...
.



I waxed everything else...


 Chalk paint is super thick!
I don't like that.  So I did my flat finish.


I sealed up all those hole in the drawers,
I didn't like those four handles on each drawer...
Then I added 2 french handles on each drawer.


I did a aged look on the handles...


LOVE My handles I did!!!


Here they are completed!



Way better than before!


No comments:

Post a Comment