Monday, January 18, 2016

Antique Chest Of Drawers Soft Coral


We have had this antique chest
of drawers for awhile now.
I pulled it off of my as is for sale list
and decided to custom paint 
it my own way...
here is the before below...


We had repaired most of it before we 
put it up for as is sale, so
we sanded all down and filled in 
the carved design on the 4th drawer...



I primed it all and painted it a soft coral
by Ben Moore...


stained the middle drawers a mixture of stain colors...
sealed them with poly using my hvlp sprayer....




found some handles I had and sprayed them gold....



I also had these backplates and added them with some knobs
painted them gold....



stained the top with a mixture of stain colors
and then added poly with hvlp sprayer...


also added a wood applique I had and painted that gold....
just to bring out the chest as it was so plain...


Then added some wood wheels we had to give the old antique
look back...


solid wood old back.....very nice and sturdy...





I think it looks way better now.  With all I added, plus the colors, much better!


No comments:

Post a Comment