Sunday, August 4, 2019

Plank Top Buffet in Old Ochre...


One of my wonderful customers contacted me a few months ago.
 Her mother wanted to sell me some of her mothers furniture.
So my customers grandparents furniture.
We worked out a deal and loaded it all up.
This had a hutch that went on top.
Thinking of doing the hutch into a cabinet with some feet.
Anyway, here was the buffet part.  I actually had it up for 
sale as is, just to give it a chance before I tackled it.
It was 28" high below.  So kinda short.


I added some feet to the front and back.  


Then added some wood planks to the top.
Stained those in a custom stain mix.


Sealed in a flat poly.



I painted the body in 
Annie Sloan Old Ochre.


Distressed edges.



Added new updated knobs.
But kept the original top handles.


Left the inside original.
Shelves are adjustable.


Love how everything came out!!
Ahhhh!!  I love it!!


SOLD!
Made by Bernhardt.
61"w/15.5"d/33"h



Before/After.

No comments:

Post a Comment